Live Blogging the New Yorker
UPDATE 1/15/2013: If you like this post, please download Maura Magazine: http://maura.com/app
not sure which issue
- This espresso is delicious
- Natalie Dessay sure is in a lot of opera
- Tom Stoppard: “I think of laughter as the sound of comprehension.”
- How many people have both a TNY “messy pencil” Talk of the Town sketch and an WSJ headcut made of them?
- Sometimes there’s too much name-dropping in Talk of the town. This Taschen piece is a prime offender. The brunch described is taking place in Los Angeles, which is not even “of the town.”
- the comic of the sphinx toe holding back the fruit vendor’s smock (?) is outstanding.
- I think I’m the target audience for the “It’s raining cats & dogs” umbrella. I may buy one.